suzemo

suzemo

I love mustelid haberdashery, vinho verde wine, and wensleydale with fruit.

Wool Omnibus (Wool, #1-5)

Wool Omnibus (Wool, #1-5) - Hugh Howey I'm a dystopian junkie. I love closed systems. I love it when an author uses my favorite sub-genre to say something.

Unfortunately, Howey didn't seem to have much to say. Or rather, he said too much.

This book is a series of short stories, collected into one mini-omnibus edition. The future is bleak, we (general "we", the US, I guess), have done something to the world, and now isolated populations have to live underground. This is what happens with one of those societies. Law and order and all of that.

I just felt bored. The first couple of stories were the most interesting. The later ones (which were also longer) became more and more boring.

An editor is also sorely needed for this "book." It feels very much self pubbed. A lot of tedious and nonsensical language. The descriptions of items or actions made me bored at best, cringe at worst.

The only reason this didn't get one star is because the first couple of stories were interesting and showed promise. But not enough to make me bother read any more of his writing (at least for a while, and probably not in this particular universe).