suzemo

suzemo

I love mustelid haberdashery, vinho verde wine, and wensleydale with fruit.

Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution

Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution - Michelle Moran I actually enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I know very little about French history (or anything about the Revolution beyond what A Tale of Two Cities taught me), and I don't know if it helped me enjoy this book more, but I did enjoy it.

This story - all about the French Revolution through the famous Madame Tussaud's eyes, was interesting to me. It was through the eyes of someone linked to both the revolutionary people and the royals, and I found that perspective interesting. It was very sympathetic to the royal family (I don't know how true to modern historical feelings that is), but it didn't feel like it was pushing any kind of agenda on me.

I have not been a huge fan of Moran's writing, but maybe because I wasn't looking for something specific (beyond a good historical story), she fulfilled my expectations.

I really enjoyed the afterwards. I always enjoy it in historical novels (or any novels, really) when they include descriptions of what happens after the story. I also really enjoyed that she specifically mentioned things she changed in history because it made a better story.