suzemo

suzemo

I love mustelid haberdashery, vinho verde wine, and wensleydale with fruit.

The Night Circus

The Night Circus - Erin Morgenstern This book is like your favorite, delicious dessert - best taken slowly.

I loved the language. It's beautifully written, and if you don't like exhaustive descriptions, then it might not be so great, but for me, it was fantastic.

I'm also glad that I picked it up on a whim without reading a lot about it. I also didn't bother reading the dust jacket, so the whole thing was pretty much a surprise.

The book is, essentially, a sort of game between two magicians who are betting on their pupils. These students don't know anything about the game, they don't know the rules, they don't know their opponent or what they're supposed to accomplish.

With these loose "rules" we get to witness the interaction of these people, and many others. There is a huge number of different point of views. The chapters also jump around, chronologically, so I found myself paying more attention to the date stamps at the beginning of each chapter more than I usually so.

It's a great love story, one that I think will improve on repeated readings, and I look forward to a reread.